2012 is out with the old and in with the…. old? Vintage themes are taking over this season drawing inspiration direct from the Silver Screens of Hollywood. Just look at “My Week with Marilyn” for inspiration. Here are some ways to incorporate “something old” into your modern wedding:
* Vintage photographs in antique frames of your parents and or grandparents on their wedding days.
* Candied Apples that double as wedding favours that guests can take home at the end of the night (wrap available). Displayed in miniature aged wood barrels.
* Chandelier type lighting with a rustic feel.
* Vintage china such as tea cups and pots as vases for floral centre pieces.
* Vintage lace, white, cream or colour themed table overlays.
* Bird cages decorated with flowers
The best part about this theme is that you can interpret it in so many different ways and really personalise it to any relationship. This theme crosses cultures and generations and the further you explore its possibilities the more you will see they are limitless.
More trends next week!