Everywhere we look these days individuals, companies and even entire countries are looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint by making environmentally friendly choices. Now, more than ever, couples are looking for creative ways to show the earth they care by using recycled materials, biodegradable consumables and reusable décor. Here are some ways that you can be more earth conscious but still have an elegant and unforgettable wedding.
* Repurpose old items for table centrepieces such as teapots, vintage birdcages or a variety of glass vases
* Source locally grown and in season flowers for your bouquets. If you are fearless, you could even try a non-floral bouquet such as a silk fan, a candy bouquet, parasol or hanging lantern.
* Instead of wedding favours, provide each guest with a postcard saying a donation has been made in their name to a charity of your choice.
* Choose a location such as a beautiful hillside, museum or heritage site and let its natural assets speak for themselves. This allows you to do away with fussy decorations and reduce waste.
* Honeymoon at a destination that promotes eco-tourism
* Use recycled paper for your invitations, programs and name cards.
* Choose Ocean-wise, Free-range and Fair Trade items for your food and beverage menus.
In a time when everyone wants to add more and more, try thinking about what is important to you and the environment and start stripping away the excess. By taking a close look at the message you want to send your guests, you will find it easier to make environmentally conscious decisions about your wedding and its place in the big picture.
Hope you enjoyed our 3 wedding trends!