Friday, February 17, 2012

Battle of the Mobiles – Blackberry vs. iPhone

It’s an ongoing debate between users – what phone is best: the iPhone or Blackberry?  As a dual user, I can safely say that it really comes down to personal preference.  I started with an iPhone two years ago and instantly fell in love!  Granted I was still a student at the time and could spend countless hours playing games and using the multitude of apps.  Upon receiving a Blackberry for work, I was initially resistant – how could it ever compare to my iPhone?  The keyboard felt alien and I had difficulties functioning without a touch-screen.  Like with so many things in life, I got the hang of it after a bit of practice and I can appreciate exactly why Blackberry users are adamant theirs is best.

With changes in technology and the arrival of Android phones, I feel as though these two phones are moving closer together instead of further apart.  Blackberry now offers models with touch screens and provides their users with a variety of apps that can rival the Apple equivalent.  iPhones are now equipped with iMessage which functions almost like Blackberry Messenger.
In the end, you need to look at exactly what you need your phone to function as.   

For those that are gadget savvy, looking for fun, an iPhone probably has everything you’re looking for.  If you need your phone to keep your lives (business & personal) organized and efficient, Blackberry is what you need.  What is your favourite and/or most hated feature of either phone?

~ Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment