Monday, February 28, 2011

Picking MY wedding dress.

Some of you might know that I recently got engaged.  The planner turns bride - quite fun!!
SO, after watching way too many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" (which is a great show), I finally can go to  a wedding dress boutique and try some dresses on myself!  I didn't even wait a week after getting the ring - I'm going to try on dresses!!

I went to one of 2 strips of wedding dress stores in the Lower Mainland, and tried on a whole load of weddding dresses.  Little did I know that I had NO IDEA what I wanted!  I'm quite a decisive person, but I left the place feeling as if there was a mountain of dresses to sift through, and how the heck and I going to find "the one".  Is there a "one"?  I'm thinking about the brides that cry when they put on the wedding dress of their dreams, and I'm a bit envious!  They know exactly the one they  want, and for me...I really liked a bunch.  Prices were right...but I have to keep looking!

A month later I went to the Bridal Gallery in New West, and met Arial - who is amazing! My mother fell in love with her, and she was super helpful.  She only let me trying on 8 dresses (after that I'd max out with too much information), and I found 2 that were super.  I sat on it for a few weeks then went with my gutt and purchased the classic, beautiful silloutte dress from Alfred Sung.  I'm sooo happy!!

My dress shopping experience is over...now onto Bridesmaids dresses for my sisters!! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment